Statement of Purpose
The purposes of LACA as defined and specified in the By-Laws:
- To improve, promote, professionalize and publicize animal control while promoting justice and equity in the enforcement of animal control laws.
- To advance the health, morale, welfare, training and knowledge of animal control employees, associations, agencies or entities, while providing communication and educational opportunities.
- To promote unity and efficiency among employees in animal control and uniformity of methods and practices regarding enforcement of laws pertaining to animals and animal control programs.
- To enhance and improve the image of all aspects of animal control.
- To assist and appear before legislative bodies for the purpose of giving professional opinions regarding existing and proposed legislation pertaining to animal control issues and functions.
- To communicate with other existing entities on a national and international basis and expose our members to new ideas, philosophies and agendas.